1) We need a "worker angel" to get our paperwork for USCIS and expedite it as quickly as can be done. It should get to the main office on Tues. of this week and we need our "order" for FBI fingerprints ASAP as that is one of the last steps to getting everything done.
2) We need our state fingerprint results to arrive. Austin says they were mailed either Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. We have yet to see them. It shouldn't take 5 days to get mail from Austin.
3) We need our documents to get to EE as quickly as possible and for there to be NO GLITCHES in getting them translated and our adoption applied for there.
4) Please pray for the timing on all this to be perfect. We NEVER take a BIG HONKIN' vacation (like, in 16 yrs. of marriage, we've never been gone for more than a week!), but THIS year, before we even knew "Yuri" existed, we planned a 3 week trip to Scandanavia in July to see our foreign exchange student kids & their families. Because we will be spending 2 1/2 weeks in EE the first time and 10 days the second time, we don't know how this is all going to work out...but God already does. We just want it all to be in HIS timing, and I need to stop trying to work it all out -- at least until we have an actual court date (which could happen as quickly as 3 - 6 weeks from now!)!!! Our preference would definitely be to NOT miss the end of the school year here as that is always a super busy time. However, there's not really a GOOD time we can think of for us to be gone, so...we're back to the Lord's timing on it all!!! 8-) Not easy for this control freak!!!
5) Continue to pray for our family and the adjustment that having a permanent big brother will be for the kids and what having another teenager in the house will be for Shane and me. We were talking the other day about hearing a "man voice" say "Mom" or "Dad"...our exchange students called us by our first names...this will be quite a switch -- for us ALL!!! But how that warms my heart each time I think of hearing it!
We are so thankful for each one of you who is walking through this with us. So many of you mention regularly that you are praying for us and I am positive that this is why/how it's all fallen into place so incredibly quickly. Having never been through this process before, I guess we didn't realize just how fast it's gone. I was talking to our social worker the other day and she asked me "When did you agree to adopt?" and I told her it was like March 5 or 6...she said "Um, yeah, a home study usually takes around 6 weeks or so to complete. Yours took less than 2." Everything has happened so amazingly fast. The Lord placed people in our lives, and in the lives of others on our "team" who have helped expedite this process in a MIRACULOUS way. It truly is a Miracle Timeline we're on and I'm LOVING watching the Lord work!!
Ephesians 3:20-21 says: "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." This is definitely more than I could have ever imagined!!!!