Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Today is mostly a waiting game (and from past posts, you ALL know how I so ROCK this game!).  I waited at the cardiologist for Adley's appointment  first thing this morning for almost an hour till the doctor got there. (sigh).  I am waiting for notice from the USCIS to go to a fingerprint appt.  We are waiting for the last few documents to come in so we can have them apostilled & sent on their way.  I am waiting to make some plans for the kids to see when we're going to be here and when we'll be traveling...and the list goes on and on.  Have I mentioned that I am NOT GOOD AT WAITING???? 

By nature, I am a "doer" and though those people often are the ones who get things done, there is a LOT to be said for waiting...and the Lord reminded me again that He's calling the shots and I just need to sit tight (one of these days, I'm gonna catch on...) In Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, a portion of today's devo reads: "It is impossible for you to have a need that I cannot meet.  After all, I created you and everything that is.  The world is still at My beck and call, though it often appears otherwise."  When I want a "plan" the Lord reminds me that I am TOO SMALL to grasp His plan.  If He told it to me, I'd just be overwhelmed.  I know me.  So does He.  There's too much to take in for me to be "in on it" -- He just calmly works everything together for good.  Because He loves me.

So, we keep waiting.  But in the meantime...I can do a lot of the other things that have been put on hold while we were "busy" with paperwork and errands!!  ;-)

Please continue to pray with us for the Lord to keep working as He has been and that the papers will all go exactly where they're supposed to go when they're supposed to go there!!


No comments:

Post a Comment