Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I got the FedEx confirmation this afternoon that our papers have arrived in EE safely into the hands of the person to whom they were sent!!!  This means that they now have everything they need to file for adoption of Sam/Yuri on our behalf!!  We have no idea yet of the time-frame for travel, etc.  We are continuing to leave that in the Lord's hands and trust that He will provide the right time for it all to happen. 

Today has been a great day, but a tough day.  Great from the adoption standpoint, tough from the standpoint that one of my friends is hurting.  She got a bit of "bad" medical news -- nothing serious yet, just that she is not "fine" though we don't really know what is wrong yet.  More tests to follow.  But I LOVE that even on the "not fine" days, God shows up.  Today in Jesus Calling by Sarah Young part of the devotional read like this (specifically intended for me and my friend and her family, I think!): "Don't let unexpected events throw you off course.  Rather, respond calmly and confidently, remembering that I am with you.  As soon as something grabs your attention, talk with Me about it.  Thus, I share your joys and your problems; I help you cope with whatever is before you.  This is how I live in you and work through you.  This is the way of Peace."  Isn't God good to have inspired Sarah Young to write this 8 years ago to be on this page on this day for my friend (and me)???  How can I doubt for even one second that He has it all under control if He's even planning so far ahead to bring comfort to my friend when she needs it?? 

My God is SOOO big!  He's working, knitting, weaving, forming, cultivating ALL things together to accomplish His plan in my life, in my family's life, in Sam/Yuri's life, in my friend's life, in the life of our church, in our city, in our state, in our world!!!  It's not just for me He has these devotions. They're not just random "fluffy thoughts" to make us feel good that are in this devotional book (and so many God-inspired others...this just happens to be the one I read on a really regular basis!).  He uses His Word that is "sharper than any sword" to penetrate our hard hearts and then when they're "open" He spreads the balm of His love all over our gaping wounds.  THEN, we can begin to heal...knowing that the Savior is tending our wounds for us. 

My friend isn't the only friend who is hurting from a medical "twist of events."  There are SO many who are walking in unfamiliar territory...territory they wish they never knew about.  (Shane calls it a "million dollar education, one penny at a time.")  Our job for these, as well as the orphans, widows, disabled -- physically and mentally, elderly and young is to stand in the gap and be Jesus with skin on to them.  I pray that the Lord will open my eyes to the hurting and that I will be sensitive to see who/what I need to see every minute of every day.  I pray that for you too.


No comments:

Post a Comment