Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Ok friends...honesty time: we are getting a little discouraged.  For one thing, we are TIRED.  We had a rainstorm come through on Sunday night that kept several of us in the house awake -- Shane and me for 4 hours each.  It has wreaked havoc on our week!!  Monday night wasn't much better as Shane is battling either allergies or a cold -- we're not sure which.  If you could pray for SLEEP for us, I think our outlook would change dramatically!!  We have not heard anything on my passport, but have someone looking into it to see if there's any way she can help.  Thank you, Lord, for her willingness to help!

Last night I was reading "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young.  I was a couple of days behind (which had me feeling guilty -- but the Lord's timing is ALWAYS perfect!) and read the entry for March 16, this is what it said: : IT IS GOOD THAT YOU RECOGNIZE YOUR WEAKNESS.  That keeps you looking to Me, your Strength. Abundant life is not necessarily health and wealth; it is living in continual dependence on Me.  Instead of trying to fit this day into a preconceived mold, relax and be on the lookout for what I am doing.  This mind-set will free you to enjoy Me and to find what I have planned for you to do.  This is far better than trying to make things go according to your own plan.

Don't take yourself so seriously.  Lighten up and laugh with Me.  You have Me on your side, so what are you worried about?  I can equip you to do absolutely anything, as long as it is My will.  The more difficult your day, the more I yearn to help you.  Anxiety wraps you up in yourself, trapping you in your own thoughts.  When you look to Me and whisper, My Name, you break free and receive My help.  Focus on Me, and you will find Peace in My Presence."

I JUST LOVE IT when the Lord uses things that have already been written to speak to me.  I know that I needed to read that yesterday...not on March 16.  I am reminding myself (hourly) that the Lord is in control of things and that HE will either continue to prod us to pursue this, or will slam the door shut.  My job: listen and be obedient.  Simple.  I LOVE the part (above) about whispering the name of Jesus...oh how I need to remember that sweet, precious name that makes all the difference in the world.  Just a whisper. 

Whispering today,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment